The Central Alberta FASD Network provides outreach services, supports and mentorship for individuals who are suspected or are diagnosed with FASD, along with their partners and caregivers. In addition, we provide lifelong non-judgemental support and assistance to individuals who have consumed alcohol during pregnancy and are concerned about the impact this may have had. We believe it is crucial to support and consider the needs of all those impacted by FASD to reduce future alcohol exposed pregnancies.
Outreach support can look different for each individual, as support is uniquely tailored to enhance strengths and limit challenges to meet the clients needs and goals. This support can include but not limited to:
- Collaboration with community agencies to provide wrap around support
- Assist with finding and maintaining stable housing
- Accessing the Foodbank
- Assist with grocery shopping and meal planning
- Access additions and mental health services
- Access medical appointments
- Parent mentoring
- Collaborate with WRaP 2.0 and school supports
- Support with obtaining Identification (ID, Status cards, Alberta Health Care Card, SIN)
- Employment and education support
- Support with completing forms and applications (AISH, PDD, Income Support)
To complete an outreach intake please call our main line 403-342-7499.