If you are looking for urgent help, please call 911.
- Kid’s Help Phone: Kids Help Phone is Canada’s only 24/7, national support service. We offer professional counselling, information and referrals and volunteer-led, text-based support to young people in both English and French.
- HelpSeeker: The HelpSeeker app gives you access to 130k+ of community, health, and social services and enables you to provide help to those in need when they need it the most.
- 211: Information on social, community, health and government services in Alberta.
- 811: A telephone service, which provides free 24/7 nurse advice and general health information for Albertans.
- Find Healthcare: Search for hospital or facility.
- Emergency financial assistance: If you are facing an unexpected emergency, you can apply for emergency financial assistance. Eligibility further explained on website.
- Addiction and Mental Health Helpline: The Addiction and Mental Health Help Line is a 24 hour, 7 day a week confidential service that provides support, information and referrals to Albertans experiencing addiction and mental health concerns, including problem gambling.
- Mental Health Help Line: The Mental Help Line is a 24 hour, 7 day a week confidential service that provides support, information and referrals to Albertans experiencing mental health concerns.
- Family violence: find supports.
Improvement District No. 9
- Banff: Support services for residents.
- Clearwater County: Services and programs with contact information listed.
- Bighorn & Area: Community Support
- O’Chiese Health Centre: The O`Chiese First Nation believes in implementing culturally integrated programs and services for its members. Our mission is to promote and embrace effective health programs and services to strengthen our cultural community.
- Sunchild Health Centre: Facebook.
- Sunchild Social Development: The Social Development program offers temporary financial assistance to low income individuals and families on-reserve.
- Blackfalds FCSS: List of services, including Food Bank.
Red Deer County
- Delburne Food Bank: 403-598-3588
- Red Deer Food Bank Society: Working together in Central Alberta – sharing food with people in need.
- Red Deer Potter’s Hand: Meals handed out at the door.
- Red Deer Salvation Army: The Salvation Army is passionately committed to eradicating poverty and caring for people who are struggling.
- Red Deer Mustard Seed: The Mustard Seed meets the immediate needs of those experiencing homelessness and poverty by providing our community with warm meals, clothing, and hygiene products.
- Red Deer Victim Services: The RDCVSU can help by providing support, information and referrals.
Mountain View County
- Mountain View County: contact for referrals and information.
- Three Hills & District Food Bank: 403-443-1005
- Three Hills Victims Services: To provide victims of crime and tragedy with support, information, and appropriate referrals.
- Stettler & District Food Bank: The Stettler & District Food Bank is a registered charity that is run and organized solely by Volunteers from the community in order to provide food to families in need.
- Starland County Community Resource Connection Form: now introducing a new tool to help people in need connect with those who can help.
- Coronation & District Support Services: For further information please call 403-578-2727.
Special Area No. 2
- Hanna & Area Program Guide: Published August 2021
Special Area No. 3
- Oyen FCSS: Responsible for Promotion of Social Development of Children/Families, Enrich & Strengthen Family Life, Seniors Outreach, Support Volunteer Work, Inform Public of Available Services
- Oyen Food Bank Association: 403-664-3965
Special Area No. 4
- Consort FCSS: Community services.
Town of Drumheller
- Drumheller Valley Community Development and Social Planning (CDSP): The Community Development and Social Planning Department (CDSP) can provide support to individuals, families, and caregivers and together we can solve problems, make plans, and strengthen your capacity to meet your needs.