POST AGM – BOARD MEETING MINUTES 2019
Date: October 17th, 2019
Time: 8:30 am
Location: Central Alberta FASD Network offices
Board members present: Dianna Bennet, Lynn Gillis, Chad Erickson, Julie Nanson, Marijke Besaw
Regrets: Dagmar Hargreaves
Call to order: 8:35 am
1. Board Meeting, Frequency and Timing
– Currently board meetings are held once a month at 8:00 am for one hour.
– The Cross Ministry governing the Networks and the Central Alberta FASD Network/Society By-Laws state a minimum standard requirement of four board meetings/quarterly per year. The board members agreed that quarterly in-person meetings would suffice; meetings would be extended to two hours.
– If there is something pressing, a meeting can be called and minor decisions can be made by email correspondence, including passing of the monthly Executive Directors report and monthly Financial Report.
– The board members agreed to decide on time of day and location of meetings until we have the new board members at the table to determine consensus.
– Julie to continue sending the monthly Executive Director and Finance reports through email.
Chair and Vice-Chair appointment:
– Dianna Bennet was nominated for the Board Chair position. Lynn Gillis motioned; Chad Erickson seconded; CARRIED; Dianna accepted.
– Chad Erickson was nominated for Vice Chair; Lynn Gillis motioned; Dianna Bennet seconded; CARRIED; Chad accepted.
Inhouse bookkeeper and appointment of signing authority:
– The board agreed to appoint Marijke Besaw for signing authority, to bring cheque signing in house, to eliminate travel and wait times for having cheques signed.
– Lynn Gillis motioned; Dianna Bennet seconded; CARRIED
– Julie will continue as cheque signing authority.
Next meeting to be determined, for early 2020.
AGM adjourned 8:50 am